Super Bowl 2020 – an odds guide
A question that is on many peoples lips at the moment is – who wins Super Bowl 2020? We are looking into the odds and see if we can find some edge in one of the most anticipated sports betting events of the whole year.
Quick stats on Super Bowl LIV
|🏈 Kick-off:||Sunday 2 February 2020, 06.30 PM (local time)|
|🏟️ Stadium||Hard Rock Stadium, Miami, FL|
|🎤 National Anthem||Demi Lovato|
|🎲 Coin toss||TBA|
|🎭 Halftime act||Shakira and Jennifer Lopez|
|💸 TV Commercial||5.6 million USD per 30 seconds|
Super Bowl LIV – background
Last year in February did New England Patriots secure their 6th Super Bowl title with the 13-3 win over Los Angeles Rams. However, the Patriots were eliminated already in the first playoff game this year.
Instead, Kansas City Cheifs (AFC Champions) and San Fransisco 49ers (NFC Champions) will be battling out for the Super Bowl LIV on 2 February 2020 in Miami, Florida.
According to the bookmakers, the odds are slightly in favour of the Cheifs, but the odds are some of the closest we have seen for many years in Super Bowl. And not to forget, San Fransisco 40ers have earned 5 Super Bowl wins and have a history of big matches and winning. Even if it was a long time ago, they have a special aura in the club.
Why bet on San Fransico 49ers?
- Head coach Kyle Shanahan’s defense line has really impressed this year.
- Aside from a very good pass rush, the 49ers can rely on their star Cornerback Richard Sherman.
- The offence is very strong and on a good day, anything could happen.
- Lowest missed pass rate for Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo in the whole league this season.
With a solid defense and a strong offence, San Fransisco 49ers are favoured by some odds, especially in some of the special odds offered. All in all, they might lack the super edge that the Chiefes can feature, but the 49ers are far from being outcounted.
Why bet on Kansas City Cheifs?
- Patrick Mahomes. The young Quarterback star has had a stellar performance this season. Already last year he took the whole NFL with a storm, often using some unorthodox movements.
- Along with Patrick Mahomes, you also have two of the leagues best Wide Receivers – Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins.
- The defense from 2018 season, which at times were not performing at all, has been much better this season and are looking ready to secure a Super Bowl for the Cheifs.
The presence of star players and especially Mahomes is putting the Cheifs slightly in front of the 49ers when it comes to the odds.
Super Bowl MVP betting
Who will be voted MVP (most valuable player) in the Super Bowl LIV? Even if it is interesting to speculate who will become the MVP of the Super Bowl, this year is a bit different. Naturally, the Quarterbacks are favoured to win this title. After all, they play the most important role on the pitch.
In the last 10 Super Bowls, a Quarterback has won the MVP 7 times out of 10. And this year, with Patrick Mahomes on one side, this should be a fairly onesided event. If the Cheifs win, it would be very surprising if not Mahomes gets the award.
The only real challenge would be a win for the 49ers, or if one of the Chief’s Wide Receivers have a game of their life. There is a tradition of selecting the MVP from the winners and even if Mahomes has had a great season such a tradition is not easily changed even if one player has been outstanding.